Various Business v4 Bugs

• Seite 2 von 2
28.11.2020 13:23
#16 RE: Various Business v4 Bugs
Mitglied

Zitat von Mike48 im Beitrag #15
Oder gibt es das und ich habe es nur nicht gefunden?

Nein - gibt es nicht. Nur die IP-Blacklist gibt es.

Plutomaniac, if the same IP appears often with new registration and different email addresses, you can block the IP address under admin > settings > security. You must scroll down to the paragraph 'Captcha & Security ...'. There it is.

Best regards,
River

-------------------------------------------------------------

+++Ich will Computercrack werden! XD+++

Business Template (v4)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.11.2020 13:28
#17 RE: Various Business v4 Bugs
Mitglied

Sorry to bother, plutomaniac, but, imagine there are several users with the same IP address (students in a university with same internet access as an example)? Did you already think about this scenario? Then it would be better to ask them, how they can use the same IP. Both email addresses could be using the same IP, I think. The first one is a Spanisch email address and the other a hotmail email address whose owner can be located in Spain, of course.

Best regards,
River

-------------------------------------------------------------

+++Ich will Computercrack werden! XD+++

Business Template (v4)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.11.2020 16:52
#18 RE: Various Business v4 Bugs
pl
Mitglied

Zitat
Oder gibt es das und ich habe es nur nicht gefunden?

I could swear that option existed but apparently I am wrong. Unless it got removed at some point recently but I doubt it. Anyway, I don't want to spam the forum with many threads. I'll leave this here and hopefully the option can be added for anyone who wants to enable it for spam prevention.

Zitat
Plutomaniac, if the same IP appears often with new registration and different email addresses, you can block the IP address under admin > settings > security.

Yes I know, that's a different option for commonly occurring IPs. Alas, no, these are random.

Zitat
Sorry to bother, plutomaniac, but, imagine there are several users with the same IP address (students in a university with same internet access as an example)? Did you already think about this scenario?

You're not bothering at all. Yes I have thought of such cases but their probability is no small that it doesn't matter. This restriction only applies to users who register (not login) using the exact same IP within the same time frame (i.e. 1 day). Any collisions will be vary rare (family within the same house, public places) so they can be dealt one by one after sending a message to the forum administrator to allow them to register. If that measure can help with 99% of multi-IP cases (spam) then it's ok to deal with the other 1% manually whenever required.

Zitat
The first one is a Spanisch email address and the other a hotmail email address whose owner can be located in Spain, of course.

That was a random example/picture. I just wanted to showcase that the forum allows such action and there is no (working?) option to disable it. It doesn't even account for dual registrations with the same IP that actually verified their accounts, so they don't appear there.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.11.2020 18:16 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 29.11.2020 18:18)
#19 RE: Various Business v4 Bugs
Mitglied

Meines erachtens funktioniert die manuelle Freischaltung zufriedenstellend.
Man kann bei mehreren Registrierungen auf verschieden Weise freischalten.

1.) Jeden einzelnen Eintrag entweder freischalten oder löschen auswählen und dann speichern. Die keine Auswahl haben sind nach dem Speichern immer noch für die Freischaltung in der Liste.
2.) Man klickt auf Freischalten (Alle), dann einzelen Löschen aktivieren, dann Speichern
3.) Man klickt auf Löschen (Alle), dann einzelen Freischalten aktivieren, dann Speichern

Als zusätzliche Funktion wünsche ich mir, dass man die Spaltenköpfe anklicken könnte um nach diesen die Liste zu sortieren.
Zum Beispiel nach IP-Adresse oder nach E-Mail Adresse. Damit würde man doppelte IP oder E-Mail sofort erkennen köönen.

www.friends-of-xobor.de (621181 - V4 Template)
www.seniorenclub-sel-koeln.de (578865 - V6 Template)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
29.11.2020 18:58
#20 RE: Various Business v4 Bugs
pl
Mitglied

Zitat
Meines erachtens funktioniert die manuelle Freischaltung zufriedenstellend.

Maybe, but only on small closed forums. When a forum has 300 members and a new one is added every 2 days, sure. But not when its 25000 members with 20 registrations per day. Generally, the more automation exists, the less tedious stuff an admin has to do and can thus focus on other important daily life activities.

Zitat
Als zusätzliche Funktion wünsche ich mir, dass man die Spaltenköpfe anklicken könnte um nach diesen die Liste zu sortieren.

Maybe at the upcoming admin control panel changes Ingmar mentioned they're currently working on.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!